Julie runs a small private practice, currently mostly online which means she works internationally. Her fees are based on the income of the client, to allow for the major differences in purchasing power in economically-disadvantaged areas of the world.
Over 40 years experience:
- 2009 ongoing – private practice including online therapy to clients internationally
- 2011- 2013 – Volunteer Counsellor at Hitchin Counselling Centre
- 2010 – 2013 – Volunteer Counsellor at high security male prisons, with violent offenders
- 2009 – 2010 – placement at Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service
- 1996 onwards – added Enneagram to approach – issues about identity, personal style, development of true self, stress reactions and the path to health
- 1994 onwards – added NLP to approach – issues included phobic responses, smoking cessation, obsessive/compulsive behaviour
- 1986 onwards – freelance counselling/coaching – issues included: trauma after major accident, home/work life balance, living with disfigurement. Range of short–term (brief) interventions when teaching/travelling e.g. personal and work relationships, employment insecurities, issues around studying for qualifications
- 1975 onwards – counselling within British Airways – based on transactional analysis, behaviour analysis, Myers-Briggs: issues included working and family relationships (e.g. realisation that feedback about work performance indicated similar issues in personal life), living with disabilities (e.g. thalidomide); member of Counselling at Work Committee of BAC (nowadays ACW/BACP).
- Served as staff member on Group Relations Training Association Annual T-group Event. (8 staff, c. 100 participants)
- Taught counselling skills to managers and to volunteers within Employee Assistance Programmes.
Other Related Links
Use the links below to navigate to pages about my current roles, qualifications and employment history:
Click on the links below to see my experience summaries by topic: